The 1990 world cup, the second country to host the event twice (the first being Mexico in 1986). West Germany was won the 1990 World cup championship beat Argentina by the 1-0 score at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. Their Third title by West Germany after winning the 1954 FIFA World Cup and 1974 FIFA World Cup.
The 22 (from 5 confederations) teams taking part in the final competition will be divided into 6 groups of four teams.
1990 FIFA World Cup, Mexico
In this tournament 22 teams (from 5 confederations) qualified and select in 12 (in 12 host cities) Venues in host Nation. Salvatore Schillaci was the top scorer of the world cup with 6 goals. Enzo Scifo was selected for the best young Player and Robert Prosinečki select for the Fair Play award. Salvatore Schillaci was named the player of the tournament.
Qualification Team for FIFA World 1990
- Africa– 2 team (Egpyt, Cameroon)
- Asia– 2 Teams (UAE, South Korea)
- Europe– 9Teams (Austria, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, England, Italy, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Scotland, Sweden, West Germany, Yugoslavia )
- North America, Central America, and the Caribbean– 2 Teams (United States, Costa Rica)
- South America– 4 Team (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Uruguay )
1990 FIFA World Cup Quick facts
- The 1990 World Cup is widely regarded as one of the poorest World Cups(average 2.21 goals per game, a record low in World Cup history) in terms of the games.
- One of the most-watched events in television history (26.69 billion non-unique viewers from all over the world)
- A record-high 16 red cards in the tournament history.
- Champions– West Germany(3rd title)
- Runners-up– Argentina
- Third place- Italy
- Fourth place- England
|1990 World Cup Tournament info|
|Total Participating Teams||22 (from 5 confederations)|
|Dates||8 June – 8 July (30 days)|
|Venues||12 (in 12 host cities)|
Qualification and Awards of World Cup
|1986 World Cup Tournament statistics|
|Goals scored||115 (2.21 per match)|
|Adidas Golden Ball||
|Adidas Golden Boot||
|Best Young Player||Robert Prosinečki|
|Fair Play Award||England|
1990 FIFA world cup Ball
The match ball for the 1990 Football World Cup or Coppa del Mondo FIFA Italia ’90, manufactured by Adidas & Ciao was the mascot for the 1990 FIFA World Cup.
Venues or Stadiums
- San Siro (74,559)
- Stadio Olimpico (73,603)
- Stadio delle Alpi (62,628)
- Stadio San Paolo (59,978)
- Stadio San Nicola (51,426)
- Stadio Comunale (38,971)
- Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi (35,950)
- Stadio Friuli (35,713)
- Stadio Sant’Elia (35,238)
- Stadio Renato Dall’Ara (34,520)
- Stadio La Favorita (33,288)
- Stadio Luigi Ferraris (31,823)